Improve Content Distribution Monitoring
Achieve Seamless Experience Across CDN
Viewers expect a seamless experience when accessing entertainment and general internet content no matter where they access, which device they use or the type of content. pureIntegration understands the monetization drivers behind infrastructure investments and leads the way in addressing the numerous challenges inherent in managing geographically distributed data centers whether on premise or in the cloud; integrating best of breed technologies; and improving user experience with reduced latency issues and increased availability.
Examples of Our Experience
CDN Vendor Selection Use Case
pureIntegration guided a client to a better and more commercially viable content delivery network. Support included building architecture blueprint, issuing RFI/RFP and selecting vendors.
The client had little knowledge of CDN technology, networking requirements, or streaming technologies and needed help in these specific areas in order to establish a final architecture document and a proper ranking of the vendors.
pureIntegration leveraged their CDN and Satellite architecture knowledge to define multiple designs that would fit their customer needs.
pureIntegration produced an RFI/RFP document that was presented to multiple vendors. Based on their initial feedback, the team defined the final architecture and resubmitted the RFP to the vendors.
pureIntegration produced a recommendation document that determined which vendors to select.
pureIntegration also helped the client understand the benefits of using COTS hardware and software and reduced deployment timelines compared to using dedicated hardware and software.
The final architecture and vendors proposed by pureIntegration helped the client make significant cost savings by optimizing content delivery across the network and simplify redundancy based on (a) the specifics of satellite distribution and (b) network topology.
The recommendations provided by pureIntegration allowed the client to correct misconceptions regarding the technology at hand and select the proper vendors for their deployment.
VOD CDN Deployment Use Case
pureIntegration’s Video Practice Group supported a client’s transition from an on-premise third-party vendor to a cloud-based solution across their massive footprint. Business operational and financial efficiences were realized and the end customer gained an improved experience.
pureIntegration’s Video Practice Group led the deployment engineering of the solution across their massive footprint.
- Tool Analysis: pureIntegration researched best tools available to address automation tests needed to prepare and perform actual maintenance window migration activities.
- Development: pureIntegration designed and developed Python scripts for pre-migration to allow for successful configuration of all VOD edge device information, which was required for storage.
- Implementation: pureIntegration deployed all the playbook SMOP steps in both a test and production environment, which enabled necessary VOD Back Office operations quality improvements.
- The reliable and effective solution significantly improved the ability to provide faster response times and lower maintenance costs.
- It improved the customer’s VOD experience with a geographic redundancy that minimizes customer impact on site and system failures, improved server stability, diminished operational involvement, and enabled a 400% quicker deployment to this centralized cloud solution.